In Milton Keynes we always celebrate cycling in June and this year we have teamed up with Love to Ride to get more people riding.
Everyone who rides a bike for ten minutes in June – anytime, anywhere – and records it on www.lovetoride.net/miltonkeynes will go into a draw to win some amazing prizes including a £750 local bike shop voucher or a European city break. There will also be daily giveaways during Bike Week, which runs from 8 to 16 June !
There are lots of opportunities to Get Cycling throughout the month ! For pedal powered inspiration take a look below and for more information about any of our events go to www.getsmartertravelmk.org/events
- Every Sunday – Join one of our regular relaxed guided rides
- Every Saturday – Explore our cultural trails, we ride a different route every week, all rides are led by Colin, our incredibly knowledgeable ride leader extraordinaire
- Every Thursday – Come along to one of our free bike register and security marking events
- 5 June World Environment Day – the focus this year is beating air pollution, so let’s keep cycling and show our support www.worldenvironmentday.global
- 8 – 16 June National Bike Week – find local and national cycling events and join the celebration of cycling at www.cyclinguk.org/bikeweek
- 20 June Clean Air Day – Keep cycling and keep our air clean www.cleanairday.org.uk
- 26 June – It’s our Get Changed Unit Open Door Day – we will be at the unit from 12 – 2pm. Come and take a look around our CMK cycling facilities, meet the councils transport planners, we can offer help and advice to get you started on your cycling commute. Free bike registration on the day too. We are offering the first months rental for free to anyone who signs up in June.
Spread the love
During the month of June, #7daysofcycling is a great opportunity to get out, enjoy a ride or cycling activity seven times to celebrate National Bike Week and our local Bike Month.
We’re calling on everyone to pledge to take part in a cycling activity seven times for the #7DaysofCycling #GetCyclingMK #LoveMK
If you’d like to learn to ride or want some guidance and experience cycling on the roads we can help. We offer a wide range of progressional cycle training courses that can take the complete beginner right through to being able to ride confidently anywhere cycling is permitted.
Cycling makes you happier, healthier and wealthier and our world cleaner and greener.
Get Cycling – Keep Cycling !