Join the fun-packed playday of free activities for children of all ages in Campbell Park!
MK Playday is a free annual event featuring a wide variety of activities for children. It is organised by the MK Play Partnership on the first Wednesday in August, located in Campbell Park, Milton Keynes. It is the largest free event in Milton Keynes.
There are dozens of activities to take part in including the cycle zone, sports zone, nature area, fairground rides, mini cinema, soft play area, woodland play, safety area, craft area, under 5’s zone and many of the activities are suitable for children with disabilities. Full details of all activities can be found on the official MK Playday website.
Join us for cycling fun in the cycle zone!
Once again, the MKC cycling team will be providing lots of cycling activities:
- A wooden ‘pumptrack’ to help improve basic cycling skills – bikes and helmets provided.
- Balance bike training and games for those children who can’t ride yet – bikes provided or bring your own.
- Dr Bike stand provided by Evans to help fix your bike or give it a free tune-up if needed – checking brakes, pumping up tyres and improving your gears. Bring your bike along.
- Bike Register – get your bike security marked with a special code or sticker so if it is stolen and then recovered by the police, your bike can be quickly and easily returned to you.
- Adapted cycles demo – we’ll have one of our many adapted bikes available for people to try, great for people with disabilities who are unable to ride a two-wheeled bicycle.
- Cycle Saviours are bringing a ‘selection of unusual bikes’ including an old Raleigh, a Chopper, a Tandem a Recumbent Cycle !
And, NEW for 2019! A secure cycle parking area. Bring your bikes and log them in to our secure cycle parking area so you can then wander around the rest of the event without them. Then just pick them up at the end!
How to get to MK Playday at Campbell Park
We’ve created a handy map of the area around Campbell Park to show how to get to the event by walking, cycling and on the bus. You can download it here soon. If you want to plan your own route, try using our journey planner and the postcode MK9 3NZ.
Walking is the cheapest and easiest form of transport
The CMK shopping centres, large parts of CMK, Conniburrow, Downs Barn, Newlands, Woolstone, Springfield and Fishermead are within a 15 minute walk of Campbell Park.
Pedal your way to MK Playday
Travelling from further away? Jump on your bike and use the Redway network to cycle to Campbell Park; then leave your bike in our secure cycle parking area and even get it a free service while you and the family have fun in the park.
MK Playday can be easily accessed using the Redway Super Route network with direct links from the H5, H6, V7, V8 and V10 Redway Super Routes. Take a look at our interactive map to find your nearest Super Route and plan a quick and easy journey.
Hop on the bus
There are bus stops in the middle of Silbury Boulevard and Avebury Boulevard on either side of the park. Campbell Park is a 10 minute walk from the city centre bus exchange in Midsummer Boulevard which is served by over 40 different bus services.
A ‘family day ticket’ from Arriva costs around £9 and is valid for up to 5 people, maximum of 2 adults. Other bus companies also run services close to Campbell Park.
The road side parking on Avebury Boulevard close to one of the main entrances to the event is dedicated as disabled parking on the day. From here, it’s just a few hundred metres to the Event Plateau and the cycle and sports zones.
General car parking
The multi-storey car park at Centre:MK is an easy 5 minute leisurely walk from Campbell Park using the pedestrian bridge over Marlborough Street. The map shows this as the recommended Park and Stride site and highlights the route to use.
There is additional parking on Silbury Boulevard but this has a maximum 3 hour limit.